Yesterday I went out to brunch as an early birthday celebration. Here is where we went and what we ate!
We had THE BIGGEST BRUNCH at The Hash House. It was warm enough to sit on the patio and sip iced coffee!
Then we went to the 3 Arts Gallery, which is a Restoration Hardware in a unique architectural space. We put our name in for the 2 hour wait for a table under the sparkly chandelier, and browsed the store (testing all the leather couches) until a seat opened up! Check out that chandelier behind the espresso and salted caramel ice cream!
A special bonus: we went shopping and browsing afterwards, and Madewell gave me a $25 gift card! Sign up with them as a Madewell insider to get a special birthday present!
-Thick, green paper in various shades
-A large needle, like an upholstery needle
- Carefully cut out a leaf shape of your choice. To use my hand drawn stencil, go here.
- Lay out leaves in alternating pattern or same direction (whatever looks best to you) and measure your length of twine. Mine was 10 ft. with 8 leaves.
- Thread the twine through the needle and tie a knot where you want your first leaf to be. Poke the needle through, sew one stitch by poking it through the opposite side, and tie a knot to hold the leaf in place.
- Repeat until all leaves are in the desired place. If needed, you can untie knots to reposition a leaf.
- Hang your garland in your fabulous jungalow!
No time to make your own? Order a hand cut garland from me here.