Accomplishments so far this week:
- Mastering belaying on the rock wall
- Teaching students about puberty, consent, and their own anatomy (even though I’m a music teacher)
- I’ve only spent $50 this whole week- just the basics! (oranges, lettuce, coffee, etc.)
Things that have brought me joy (so far) this week:
- Climbing to the top of a 5.7 top ropes course and bouldering a V1 (I’ve got my eyes on you, V2)
- Starting each day with a brisk jog and steaming coffee
Things I have learned this week:
- That the Handmaid’s Tale is an amazing dystopian story highlighting potential exploitations of women in a world where theology becomes autocracy. I MUST read the novel!
- The Great British Baking Show is teaching me to help others, keep soggy produce out of my pastries, and never never ever take someone else’s homemade ice cream out of the freezer!
Here’s to more of the good vibes!